Another quick and easy lunch but looks pretty special. The amazing ….
…Tomatoe Tarte Tatin. If you have friends coming over this is the perfect recipe with a lovely green salad.
I always vary my recipes depending on whats in the fridge so remember to add your own flair to the recipe to make it unique to you.
- Slice up the red onions and fry in a big frying pan with butter for 5/8 mins add bit of sugar to caramelise them, add the vinegar.
- Slice up the tomatoes and add to the pan and gently cook for 15/20 mins till melted and sticky . Add some herbs ,salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry and get it roughly the size of your frying pan and then place onto of the tomato and onion mix, tucking the sides under.
- You can brush the pastry with egg . Place in the oven on 200°c for 20mins till the pastry is golden and risen .
- If you fry a few capers they are always nice to throw on top when you have got it out of the oven .
- Now for the fun bit , place a large plate or chopping board on top of the pan and flip over … and voila you have your Tomatoe Tarte. Add a few edible flowers on top for a special finish .
- A roll of puff pastry
- 500g of good ripe tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic