If you know me, breakfast is one of my favourite meals. I have been known to eat 3 different breakfast through out the morning!
I always start my morning off with a hot lemon, this helps my system wake up. Then I have a mushroom tea, this is a blend of 8 different mushrooms in a powder mix. I add this with hot water, frothy oat milk and a drop of honey. This is like my coffee but with out the caffeine, instead Cordycep mushroom which is a natural energy booster , a lot of runs use this.
Then the breakfast making starts. I sometimes have pancakes with fruit and yogurt, toast with avocado, smoothies , black rice, coconut cream and mango. I like my breakfast to be enjoyable so it sets me up for the day . I don’t see it as a quick meal on the go, what I’m saying is enjoy your breakfast , make a meal of it and start trying new things !
One of my favourite and easiest recipes is the Chai seeds and strawberry bowl.
- I don’t do quantities as I offers make a big batch for the family but you might just want to start with one bowl first.
- A cup full of chai seeds and put in to a bowl and mix with your milk.
- Put some strawberries chopped up in a cup with a couple of spoonfuls of maple syrup and the zest of one unwaxed lemon. Bash together with the end of a rolling pin then mix this with the chai seeds and milk and leave in the fridge over night.
- In the morning the chai sees should be expanded and all the flavours soaked in.
- Fry a few coconut flakes in a dry pan and sprinkle over the top.
- I always add a few fresh strawberries in to my bowl and any other soft fruit is nice.
- Chai seeds
- Maple syrup
- Oat milk or any milk you want
- Coconut flakes
Recipe inspired by the Anna Jones cook book